Saturday, February 26, 2011


Feb 26, 2011.
One of the guppies my sis gave me two weeks ago had babies. It is very hard to get an accurate count of the fry, but I think there are 14 or 15. They are doing well. The tank is planted, and the plants are doing very well too. Some plants have grown 3-4 inches in the past week. The fry have tons of places they could hide, if they wanted to. At first they did, now they are in the open, and the other fish are not really bothering them. Another guppy looks like she is ready to have a batch of fry today as well.
Fast Freddy, the apple snail, did not survive. He got stuck in the water stream, and rolled around for a few hours while I was at work. I came home and took him out of the stream, but a few days later after he wasn't moving, and the other fish started munching on him, I figured he was dead. Hard to tell with snails. Everyone else is doing fine. We do have a bit of an algae bloom happening, but I am not too worried as almost all the fish seem to enjoy eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment