Friday, December 31, 2010

We are in the middle of a water change here. Last time I kept fish, I used the PMDD method of dosing nutrients. I am going to test my levels before and after the water change, for curiosity. Then add some fertilizers and try to figure out what my plants daily/weekly uptake is. I'm told the test kits aren't all that accurate, so I will dose a bit every other day, then test at the end of the week. I have 2 different kits; one with strips you dip in the water, and the other uses test tubes.

I have added some fish this week, so I am also expecting to see a bit of an ammonia spike. I know there are a lot of fish, which is why I have 2 filters running: an AquaClear 30, and a Penguin Bio-wheel 100. I'm also giving away some guppies. I got the loaches, as I was told they would eat the babies and keep the population in check. Not so. I have to give babies away every other month. I have to admit, they are interesting to watch, and I love that they explore through the plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment